By Emory Ann Kurysh
I have been photographing outfits and objects in almost every room of our home in hopes of finding the most agreeable background. Ask any photography enthusiast and they will almost always tell you of at least one favourite location to shoot photos within their homes. My sweet little photography spot is in my living room. However, because it also doubles as an entrance way and home office, it can get pretty cluttered. Another disadvantage is that one wall has been painted black, while the other painted black with white stripes, so my subjects can quite easily become overshadowed by paint colour. I decided that I needed to created a photography backdrop stand so that I could utilize the amazing light that comes into that room without having any distractions in the background. Without wanting to spend hundreds of dollars to do so, I came up with a simple and inexpensive solution!
1. Purchase two inexpensive clothing racks. The simpler, wider, and taller, the better.
2. Next, track down two heavy curtains. Reversible curtains are the best initial investment, but over time you can always purchase more!
3. Assemble the clothing racks.
4. After the racks are up, hang the curtains.
5. Last, attach both clothes-racks together.
6. Start shooting your subjects, and be amazed with the slick results!