By Annette Sloan
1. Smile. There is magic in a genuine smile, whether it’s aimed at your hubby, your BFF, or a complete stranger. Need proof? Page through your favorite women’s magazine, and decide for yourself which models look best. A brilliant smile wins over a sexy pout, every time.
2. Breathe. Feeling stressed about work, family, and money? Understandable, but last time I checked, the stressed-out look isn’t winning any beauty awards. Thankfully, there’s an easy way to let it go. Close your eyes, and take 10 slow, deep breaths through your nose. As you inhale, push the air all the way down to your belly so that it inflates like a balloon. Then, exhale as slowly as you can. This do-anywhere trick stimulates your parasympathetic nervous system, calming you down immediately. Without the strain of stress, your natural beauty shines though.
3. Do something you love. There are few things more beautiful than watching someone who is 100% engrossed in doing something she loves. So, whatever that is for you (practicing yoga, getting outside, or cuddling up with a good book), make time for it. You’ll positively glow with passion and happy energy.
4. Be kind. When you look for opportunities to practice acts of kindness, you’ll see them everywhere. And every time you go out of your way to do something nice for someone else, you’ll feel a sense of satisfaction and happiness – not to mention confidence in knowing you that can make a difference in someone’s life. Satisfaction + happiness + confidence = a sure recipe for beauty.
5. Recognize and appreciate your amazing body for all that it does for you. Did you know that in one square inch of your hand, you have nine feet of blood vessels, 600 pain sensors, 9,000 nerve endings, 36 heat sensors and 75 pressure sensors? Or that your eyes can distinguish up to 10 million color surfaces? Your body is an incredible machine that allows you to experience all of the joy that life offers. Without it, you couldn’t enjoy the warmth of a hug, the beauty of a sunset, or the mouthwatering scent of fresh-baked cookies. When you replace worrying about what your body looks like with gratitude for all it allows you to do (the part that really matters), an inner light will radiate through you. And aren’t we all attracted to people whose lights are shining bright?